Thursday, March 15, 2012

One Step Closer.


There is something about the changing of seasons and the transition of spring that brings about an inexplicable sense of nostalgia. The familiar scents of budding flowers, new life, and thunderstorms bring back a feeling you can't quite pinpoint--you simply know you've felt it before.

I'm laying in bed with my windows open, trying to start a research paper and thinking about the last few years. I associate memories with seasons, and I remember the last few springs with expectation for the one to come. I am currently on spring break, and now that I have tasted freedom, I don't ever want to go back to school. I have a little over thirty school days left, yet they seem to drag onward endlessly. I cannot wait for summer nights. We have spent our winter weekends cooped up in coffee shops and restaurants, but now we stretch our legs and spend every waking second outside. I want to spend my days reading, running, swimming, traveling, writing, living.

One step closer.
Maddie

4 comments:

Teresaurus said...

I like how you're frowning and your friend is overcheesing it. XD Every season has it's memories, I feel the same way. remembering the best Spring days and doing regular spring things...it's all rhythmic.

Miss Peregrin said...

I love your photography. It is just as beautiful as your writing.

Sprinkle said...

Maddie, you are such a beautiful writer. I hope you keep it up in college.

Secret Life said...

Wow, I agree the photography is gorgeous and so is the writing.